zCAT MK4 3D Software
The whole philosophy of the zCAT is to make measurement easy. zCAT 3D software has been written by engineers for engineers and sets the industry standard for simple-to-use software. Designed around a graphical interface, zCAT 3D can work in 2D or 3D.
zCAT 3D software is becoming the industry standard for ‘easy-to-use’ software and also has the depth of functionality to make it the choice for either occasional users or full-time inspection professionals.
zCAT 3D software is revolutionary. As a component is measured a representation of it is built up on the screen. The user simply clicks on the measured features to call up dimensions exactly as they would appear on a drawing. Inspection reports can be in the form of fully dimensioned graphical representations as created on the screen, or tabulated reports in various formats that can show nominals, tolerances, errors, pass/fails, geometric tolerances etc. These reports can also be output to an Excel spreadsheet. Further reports are available to show the form of features (roundness, straightness etc.), hole or point positions, or complete batch results on one report. The user’s company name also appears on all outputs.
• Automatic measurement routines
• Powerful interactive graphics window
• Automatic feature recognition
• 2D and 3D manual and CNC inspection
• Geometric feature inspection
• Free form curve inspection
• DXF data import/export
• STEP and IGES export for reverse engineering
• Feature construction
• Intelligent feature projection
• GD&T dimensions and tolerances
• Teach and repeat programming
• Drag and drop program editor
• Run programs from any point
• Measure a subset of features
• Simple object-based programming
• No complex programming language
• Automated batch inspection
• Password protect programs
• Automatic safety moves
• Feature replicator
• Engineering drawing GD&T report
• Simple PASS/FAIL report
• Form plots
• Batch summary report
• Tabulated reports
• Graphical fly-out labels
• Drag & drop reporting
• Real-time SPC
• Combine multiple views
• Export to Excel
• Historical data reporting
Every time a component is inspected, a program for measuring subsequent components is automatically created. The software also calculates ‘safe’ moves between features, even when the probe is indexing – just another thing that the operator doesn’t have to worry about!
Popular throughout the world and available in many languages, zCAT’s revolutionary measurement software provides the user with a powerful, yet easy-to-use solution for inspection measurements. This not only increases component throughput but vastly reduces the learning period for new users.